Mighty Trojan Bands Rock Their Christmas Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

Truman Hanna (11) plays his baritone saxophone along with the rest of the saxophone section during the winter concert.

Eleazar Barrios

Eleazar Barrios

Eleazar Barrios

Eleazar Barrios, Reporter

Parents who showed up to see their children perform for the Trojan band classes’ Christmas performance on Dec. 10 were not let down. The concert in the South Houston High School auditorium lasted from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. A total of 10 songs were performed by different class periods.

The performance started with the sixth period percussion students who played “Fantasy on Jingle Bells”. “It went very well,” said Marion Jackson, a sophomore, one of the percussion players from that class.

Following that performance was the first period percussion class, which played “Nutcracker Sweets”. The Jazz band came next and performed three pieces, which were “The Christmas Song”, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”, and “A Marshmallow World”. “The whole band performed pretty extraordinarily,” explained Adrian Ramirez, a bass guitar player in the jazz band.

Next, both second and fifth band periods played as one playing “A Silent, Silent Night” and “Housetop Variations”. The fourth period band, which contains most of the marching band members, concluded the concert with “The Call of Christmas”, “A Christmas Festival”, and an all-time favorite “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”