• June 8Senior Portraits: Call Prestige to take a photo, (281) 897-8300

• September 30Follow us on Instagram at Go_SoHo_Trojans

• September 30Friend us on Facebook at SoHoTorch

• September 30Follow us on Twitter at @TorchSoHo

Lane Goes to CCISD, Longstreet Takes Over as Athletic Director

Sarah Meyer

By Sarah Meyer

After working at South Houston High School as the head varsity football coach and athletic director for five years, and leading the Trojans to two districts playoffs, Coach Dwane Lane has been named the head football coach at Clear Creek High School. Replacing him at SoHo is Patrick Longstreet, who is coming from Rosenberg Terry High School.

Before coming to South Houston, Lane was the assistant football coach at Clear Creek under Darrell Warden, who is going into retirement this year. Lane is proud he has impacted the lives of his students and increased the numbers in his program.

“We worked on three things: work ethic, commitment, and accountability, and grew in those areas, and we got guys going to college now and seeing that as an expectation to better themselves,” Lane said about his accomplishments at South Houston.

Aside from teaching a whole new team at a new school, Lane will have the plus side of coaching his own son for his first year in high school football. “I always say to parents, ‘I’m going to treat your son or daughter just like I would my own son or daughter,’ and now I will really get to put that into play,” he said.

Everyone around him at Clear Creek thought it was a “crazy” idea for him to go to South Houston HS, but Lane said it was an opportunity and a pleasure to be a part of the Trojan family. Trojan Pride was a pride of his own.

“I heard about the school’s pride when I came here: ‘Trojan Pride? What’s this about Trojan Pride? I want to be a part of that,’ No matter who we met, the different graduating classes – all the way back – are proud of South Houston, and we want that tradition to continue,” said Lane. “I’m thankful that I had the opportunity to come here and serve the students, and that they allowed me and accepted me, and they worked hard with me and the coaching staff.”